Re: pgbench - minor fix for meta command only scripts

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench - minor fix for meta command only scripts
Date: 2017-09-11 08:49:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Jeff,

Ok, the problem was a little bit more trivial than I thought.

The issue is that under a low rate there may be no transaction in
progress, however the wait procedure was relying on select's timeout. If
nothing is active there is nothing to wait for, thus it was an active loop
in this case...

I've introduced a usleep call in place of select for this particular
case. Hopefully this is portable.

ISTM that this bug exists since rate was introduced, so shame on me and
back-patching should be needed.

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-rate-bug-2.patch text/x-diff 1.7 KB