Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff
Date: 2016-01-27 15:21:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello again,

>> Obviously this would work. I did not think the special case was worth the
>> extra argument. This one has some oddity too, because the second argument is
>> ignored depending on the third. Do as you feel.
>
> Actually my question was whether keeping the original start_time was the
> intended design.

Sorry I misunderstood the question.

The answer is essentially yes, the field is needed for the "aggregated"
mode where this specific behavior is used.

However, after some look at the code I think that it is possible to do
without.

I also spotted an small issue under low tps where the last aggregation was
not shown.

With the attached version these problems have been removed, no conditional
initialization. There is also a small diff with the version you sent.

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-script-stats-15-b.patch text/x-diff 32.3 KB
14b-to-15b.patch text/x-diff 3.3 KB