PHP, PostgreSQL Special Projects Developer

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PHP, PostgreSQL Special Projects Developer
Date: 2007-08-23 21:22:21
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Are you tired of working on the same types of web apps? Are you
looking for more of a challenge where you can put your code-fu to its
test working in a high-traffic, open-source friendly environment? Can
you tackle any problem put in front of you, hacking your way through
problems you've not previously encountered?

myYearbook.com is looking to fill a primarily PHP development position
that reports directly to the CTO. Applicant should have a strong
development background and problem solving skills, be a good
communicator and be willing to take direction. This position is out
of our mainline development team and is for working on special
projects, be it infrastructure related, working on pre-existing open
source applications we use, bleeding edge development or
proof-of-concept applications.

Perks include being paid well to work on open source projects, free
gym membership, company stock options, health & dental insurance, and
don't forget pushing your development skills and knowledge in
different directions.

Requirements:

* Strong knowledge of PHP and PostgreSQL
* Some background in database design
* Ability to demonstrate more than a base level knowledge of XML,
XSL, XHTML, CSS, JavaScript
* Familiarity with Linux as a server or desktop
* Past experience with SVN or other version control systems
* Knowledge of C, C++ and other languages such as Ruby or Java a plus
* Should not be intimidated by doing things you haven't done before
* Solid work record with excellent references

This job is full-time, on-site in New Hope, PA. We have a great
office atmosphere and benefits to match. We are very tied to the Open
Source community and this position is a great way to leverage your
open-source interest into a important role in our organization. You
should be willing to relocate and if you fit this role, we'll help pay
for you to do so.

Salary commensurate with experience.

About myYearbook:

myYearbook is a fast-moving, energetic startup focused on building the
number one teen social networking website online. We're one of the
fastest growing consumer services on the Internet, with over six
million monthly users and 300 million page views. Backed by USVP and
First Round Capital, myYearbook is destined to be the next big hit.