Re: [pgAdmin III] #148: Miscellaneous requests for the query tool

From: "Dickson S(dot) Guedes" <listas(at)guedesoft(dot)net>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin III] #148: Miscellaneous requests for the query tool
Date: 2010-03-21 17:53:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

2010/3/20 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>:
> Applies and compiles with no issue.

Good!

> Anyways there are a few things that I don't like.

I'm already wainting for. :-)

> When the combobox contains the maximum number of queries, it should
> delete the older one and record the new one whereas now it simply
> doesn't do anything.

Yes, i was in doubt whether I delete the oldest query or not, but your
review answers my doubt.

> What happens when pgAdmin loads a queries file with more than the
> maximum number of queries in it? AFAICT, it loads everything. I think it
> shouldn't. It should only load the X last one (X being the maximum
> number of queries).

I agree.

> I don't think the default maximum query size is sane. 100 characters are
> really not enough. At least 1024 (much like track_activity_query_size).
> By the way, I also don't think we should talk in bytes. It's a number of
> characters.

Sounds better for me, too.

> I think that's all for me. Can you send us an updated patch?

Yes, I can.

> Thanks a lot.

Thank you too.

[]s
Dickson S. Guedes
mail/xmpp: guedes(at)guedesoft(dot)net - skype: guediz
http://guedesoft.net - http://www.postgresql.org.br