Re: caracara failing to bind to localhost?

From: "Dickson S(dot) Guedes" <listas(at)guedesoft(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: cbbrowne(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: caracara failing to bind to localhost?
Date: 2010-02-27 14:02:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Buildfarm member caracara has been failing the last few days because of
> this:
>
> LOG:  could not bind socket for statistics collector: Cannot assign requested address
> LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket
>
> That code hasn't changed recently, AFAIK, so I'm thinking something's
> broken in the machine's environment.  Any ideas?

Firewall or that ipv6's issues when ::1 for localhost is enabled in
/etc/hosts or that cases when there is an ipv4 address and an ipv6
alias in the same eth0? Was the tcpip_socket variable changed on
caracara's host?

[]s
Dickson S. Guedes
mail/xmpp: guedes(at)guedesoft(dot)net - skype: guediz
http://guedesoft.net - http://www.postgresql.org.br