Re: Logical Replication WIP

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Steve Singer <steve(at)ssinger(dot)info>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Logical Replication WIP
Date: 2016-12-09 16:08:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is a "fixup" patch for
0002-Add-PUBLICATION-catalogs-and-DDL-v11.patch.gz with some minor fixes.

Two issues that should be addressed:

1. I think ALTER PUBLICATION does not need to require CREATE privilege
on the database. That should be easy to change.

2. By requiring only SELECT privilege to include a table in a
publication, someone could include a table without replica identity into
a publication and thus prevent updates to the table.

A while ago I had been working on a patch to create a new PUBLICATION
privilege for this purpose. I have attached the in-progress patch here.
We could either finish that up and include it, or commit your patch
initially with requiring superuser and then refine the permissions later.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-fixup-Add-PUBLICATION-catalogs-and-DDL.patch text/x-patch 29.1 KB
0001-Add-PUBLICATION-privilege.patch text/x-patch 16.0 KB