Re: AW: Wrong rows estimations with joins of CTEs slows queries by more than factor 500

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Hans Buschmann <buschmann(at)nidsa(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AW: Wrong rows estimations with joins of CTEs slows queries by more than factor 500
Date: 2023-02-09 15:53:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> FWIW I suggest you provide the data in a form that's easier to use (like
> a working SQL script). More people are likely to look and help than when
> they have to extract stuff from an e-mail, fill in missing pieces etc.

BTW if anyone wants to play with this, here are the SQL scripts I used
to create the tables and the queries. There's no data, but it's enough
to see how the plans change.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
query-complete.sql application/sql 5.0 KB
query-smaller.sql application/sql 3.8 KB
create-join.sql application/sql 1.3 KB