wal logging

From: Kailash Vyas <kailash(dot)vyas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: wal logging
Date: 2005-06-17 11:09:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

hi

I have to setup some backup policies for our postgres server.
I had a few queries regarding corruption of database.
what are the steps to be followed in postgres regarding logical corruption,
instance failures, block corruption, log corruption?

I am using postgres 7.3.9
I was checking out WAL logging. I enabled WAL logging in postgres.conf
I found the logs in the pg_xlog directory but don't know how to recover it

thanks,
kailash