PGsql failure

From: JUAN ERNESTO FLORES BELTRAN <juanernestoflores(dot)beltran(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGsql failure
Date: 2005-09-12 00:28:52
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Actually i have successfully instaled PostgreSQL8.0 on my PC (windows
200), i can enter to the PgadminIII environment and it shows one
server "Servers(1)" however it is not possible to connect to the
server and access the default database "template1", it request for my
password as expected but the connection fails.

I wander what kind of problem could i have, on the other hand i have
configured the path as follows: 'C:\Archivos de
programa\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin' i thoght this could be the problem.

I tried "psql to template1" console wich allows SQL commands, and it
just quit everytime y try. I really don´t know what to do, is it
nessesary to re-install pgsql again?

Thanks for your answers.-