Re: Problem with insert - 1.12.0 RC1

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with insert - 1.12.0 RC1
Date: 2010-09-01 22:41:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Aug 31, 7:19 pm, sid(dot)the(dot)technic(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)gmail(dot)com (Sid) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Local installation:
> Windows 7 / Polish
> PgAdmin III: V. 1.12.0 RC1
> PostgreSQL: 8.4.4
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Table should have some constraints (not null for instance) .
> Open table to edit rows.
> Put a value into any field and try to move from a row (now I assume that
> field with constraint have some wrong value, null in this case).
> In previous versions PgAdmin shows error message and returns to edit mode.
> In 1.12 it stays in some weird state and all values are lost.
>
> I reported this bug on pgadmin-supp(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)postgresql(dot)org (on 1.12 beta4) but
> there was no response.
> Can anyone just confirm if it is a bug or I am doing something wrong.

I can confirm the problem for v1.12RC1 and v1.12beta4. I found it just
yesterday but did not have the time to report. All values of a row
vanish after running into an error on save.
The problem is not present in v1.10.5, where the you can keep editing
the row.
It is also noteworthy that it only happens with INSERTs. UPDATEs that
run into an error are not affected.
The problem is rather serious IMO.
Testing on Win XP with pg 8.4.4 on Debian

Regards
Erwin