Re: Starting postgres with a password

From: "M(dot) Bastin" <marcbastin(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Starting postgres with a password
Date: 2003-04-25 16:25:53
Lists: pgsql-novice
I'm trying to write my own frontend.  I found the info below (thanks
Tom) about the StartupPacket.

1. For pgsql 7.3.2, what should the protocol version number be?

2. Also, what exactly is a limstring?  (I'm not using C, but a
language called REALbasic.)  Is this a string of exactly 64 (or 32)
bits?  Must it be null terminated?  Must empty space be filled with
zeros?  etc?

3. What could 'Any additional command line arguments' be?  Which
arguments could be valid at this stage?

Thanks,

Marc