Re: GenBKI emits useless open;close for catalogs without rows

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: "Andrey M(dot) Borodin" <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
Cc: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GenBKI emits useless open;close for catalogs without rows
Date: 2024-04-09 04:03:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 08, 2024 at 11:11:07AM +0300, Andrey M. Borodin wrote:
> This is kind reminder that this thread is waiting for your response.
> CF entry [0] is in "Waiting on Author", I'll move it to July CF.

Hmm, is that productive? This patch has been waiting on author since
the 1st of February, and it was already moved from the CF 2024-01 to
2024-03. It would make more sense to me to mark it as RwF, then
resubmit if there is still interest in working on this topic rather
than move it again.

My personal inner rule is there is enough ground for a patch to be
marked as RwF if it has been waiting on author since the middle of a
commit fest, which would be the 15th of March for CF 2024-03. This
lets two weeks to authors to react.
--
Michael