Spurious pgstat_drop_replslot() call

From: Bertrand Drouvot <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Spurious pgstat_drop_replslot() call
Date: 2024-03-08 10:19:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

Please find attached a tiny patch to remove a $SUBJECT.

Indeed, it does not seem appropriate to remove stats during slot invalidation as
one could still be interested to look at them.

This spurious call has been introduced in be87200efd. I think that initially we
designed to drop slots when a recovery conflict occurred during logical decoding
on a standby. But we changed our mind to invalidate such a slot instead.

The spurious call is probably due to the initial design but has not been removed.

I don't think it's worth to add a test but can do if one feel the need.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Remove-spurious-pgstat_drop_replslot-call.patch text/x-diff 944 bytes