Re: BUG #18057: unaccent removes intentional spaces

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: martin(at)schlossarek(dot)me, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18057: unaccent removes intentional spaces
Date: 2023-09-19 07:26:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 04:14:20PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> The patch also includes a custom rule file that I have used to stress
> more the parsing logic, but I intend to remove it in the final version
> of the patch (and it fails with meson). It would be possible to have
> a TAP test that sneaks a custom rule file in the installation tree,
> but that's not worth the extra cycles IMO.

So, it's been a couple of weeks here.

I have given this patch a second look and something that stood out is
that we'd still report "more than two strings in unaccent rule" as
warning when loading a rule where the target string is an unfinished
quoted area, which was kind of confusing.

The patch has been updated to improve that by making the error state a
bit smarter, and I have removed the previous tests with the custom
file and its fancy rules. Any comments and/or objections?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-unaccent-Add-support-for-quoted-translated-charac.patch text/x-diff 9.6 KB