Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation
Date: 2023-09-05 05:44:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 04, 2023 at 02:14:58PM +0200, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> # Build the descriptions. There are in camel-case.
> # LWLock and Lock classes do not need any modifications.
>
> Nit: 2 whitespaces before "There are in camel"

The whitespaces are intentional, the typo in the first line is not.

> + my $waiteventdescription = '';
> + if ( $waitclassname eq 'WaitEventLWLock'
>
> Nit: Too many whitespace after the "if (" ?? (I guess pgperltidy would
> fix it).

Here, perltidy is indeed complaining, but it is adding a few
whitespaces.

> Then, the only diff is:
>
> < Client,WalSenderWaitWal,Waiting for WAL to be flushed in WAL sender process
> ---
> > Client,WalSenderWaitForWAL,Waiting for WAL to be flushed in WAL sender process
>
> That said, it looks good to me.

Ah, good catch. I did not think about cross-checking the data in the
new view before and after the patch set. This rename needs to happen
in 0001.

Please find v5 attached. How does that look?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0001-Rename-wait-events-with-more-consistent-camelcase.patch text/x-diff 19.0 KB
v5-0002-Remove-column-for-wait-event-names-in-wait_event_.patch text/x-diff 52.5 KB