Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Masahiro Ikeda <ikedamsh(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tristan Partin <tristan(at)neon(dot)tech>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions
Date: 2023-08-13 23:06:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 05:37:55PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> This looks correct, but perhaps we need to think harder about the
> custom event names and define a convention when more of this stuff is
> added to the core modules.

Okay, I have put my hands on that, fixing a couple of typos, polishing
a couple of comments, clarifying the docs and applying an indentation.
And here is a v4.

Any thoughts or comments? I'd like to apply that soon, so as we are
able to move on with the wait event catalog and assigning custom wait
events to the other in-core modules.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-Change-custom-wait-events-to-use-shared-hash-tabl.patch text/x-diff 24.9 KB