Re: Query regarding sharing data directory

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Harsh N Bhatt <harshbhatt5055(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query regarding sharing data directory
Date: 2023-08-18 01:03:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 10:51:45AM +0530, Harsh N Bhatt wrote:
> I have a doubt regarding the storage of the data directory path of
> PostgreSQL. I'm using PostgreSQL server 15 in which I want to give a path
> to an external drive RAID Memory Storage. Which is on the LAN Network? Is
> it compatible or not? If it is then which file system is suitable: NAS or
> SAN?
>
> If it is, can you share any documents with me?

If you can connect to your server, you could use the following query
to know where your data folder is:
SHOW data_directory;

The location of the data directory is something that distributions and
installations set by themselves, so in short it depends on your
environment except if you set up a cluster by yourself.
--
Michael