Re: Add documentation for coverage reports with meson

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add documentation for coverage reports with meson
Date: 2023-03-09 00:25:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 05:23:48PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The "cd" command needs to be moved after the meson commands, and the meson
> commands need to have a -C builddir option.

Still that's not mandatory, is it? The compile and test commands of
meson work as well if you are located at the root of the build
directory, AFAIK.

> So it should be like
>
> <screen>
> meson setup -Db_coverage=true ... OTHER OPTIONS ... builddir/
> meson compile -C builddir
> meson test -C builddir
> cd builddir/
> ninja coverage-html
> </screen>
>
> Otherwise, this looks good to me.

Anyway, this works as well and I don't have any arguments against
that. So I have used your flow, and applied the patch. I have
actually switched my own scripts to rely more on -C, removing direct
calls to ninja ;p

Thanks for the feedback.
--
Michael