Re: Refactor backup related code (was: Is it correct to say, "invalid data in file \"%s\"", BACKUP_LABEL_FILE in do_pg_backup_stop?)

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Refactor backup related code (was: Is it correct to say, "invalid data in file \"%s\"", BACKUP_LABEL_FILE in do_pg_backup_stop?)
Date: 2022-09-26 02:43:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 09:12:22PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I've read this one, and nothing is standing out at quick glance, so
> that looks rather reasonable to me. I should be able to spend more
> time on that at the beginning of next week, and maybe apply it.

What I had at hand seemed fine on a second look, so applied after
tweaking a couple of comments. One thing that I have been wondering
after-the-fact is whether it would be cleaner to return the contents
of the backup history file or backup_label as a char rather than a
StringInfo? This simplifies a bit what the callers of
build_backup_content() need to do.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
xlogbackup-simpler.patch text/x-diff 4.4 KB