Re: PATCH: Add Table Access Method option to pgbench

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Michel Pelletier <michel(at)supabase(dot)io>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: Add Table Access Method option to pgbench
Date: 2022-07-01 01:06:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 01:07:53PM -0700, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> I've got CI setup and building and the tests now pass, I was missing a
> CASCADE in my test. New patch attached:

The exact same patch has been proposed back in November 2020:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0177f78c-4702-69c9-449d-93cc93c7f8c0@highgo.ca

And the conclusion back then is that one can already achieve this by
using PGOPTIONS:
PGOPTIONS='-c default_table_access_method=wuzza' pgbench [...]

So there is no need to complicate more pgbench, particularly when it
comes to partitioned tables where USING is not supported. Your patch
touches this area of the client code to bypass the backend error.
--
Michael