Re: CLUSTER on partitioned index

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, 李杰(慎追) <adger(dot)lj(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, 曾文旌(义从) <wenjing(dot)zwj(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com>, Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>
Subject: Re: CLUSTER on partitioned index
Date: 2022-03-30 20:51:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Feb-23, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> I hope that Alvaro will comment on the simplified patches. If multiple people
> think the patch isn't worth it, feel free to close it. But I don't see how
> complexity could be the reason.

I gave your patch a look and it seems a reasonable thing to do. Maybe
not terribly useful in most cases, but there may be some cases for which
it is. I found some part of it a bit repetitive, so I moved things
around a bit. What do think about this?

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"After a quick R of TFM, all I can say is HOLY CR** THAT IS COOL! PostgreSQL was

Attachment Content-Type Size
clustering-partitioned-tables.patch text/x-diff 19.9 KB