Re: Fix some newly modified tab-complete changes

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: "shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix some newly modified tab-complete changes
Date: 2022-11-18 02:27:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 08:29:24AM +0000, shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com wrote:
> I have fixed the problems you saw, and improved the patch as you suggested.
>
> Besides, I noticed that the tab completion for "ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES ...
> GRANT/REVOKE ..." missed "CREATE". Fix it in 0001 patch.
>
> And commit e3ce2de09 supported GRANT ... WITH INHERIT ..., but there's no tab
> completion for it. Add this in 0002 patch.

Thanks, I have been looking at the patch, and pondered about all the
bloat added by the handling of PRIVILEGES, to note at the end that ALL
PRIVILEGES is parsed the same way as ALL. So we don't actually need
any of the complications related to it and the result would be the
same.

I have merged 0001 and 0002 together, and applied the rest, which
looked rather fine. I have simplified as well a bit the parts where
"REVOKE GRANT" are specified in a row, to avoid fancy results in some
branches when we apply Privilege_options_of_grant_and_revoke.
--
Michael