RE: [DOCS] Logo issue ...

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [DOCS] Logo issue ...
Date: 1999-04-24 01:45:58
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 24-Apr-99 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>

>> On 23-Apr-99 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>> >
>> > Then, Daniel took and made a 'cartoon-like' logo of an elephant
>> > that he pointed me to, and, altho its not as crisp as Jan's concept, it
>> > had more the FreeBSD(daemon)/Linux(penguin) look to it...
>>
>> I looked at Daniel's elephant too, but to me it's missing something. The
>> strong, steady, etc., just isn't there. Grab your FreeBSD CDs from 2.2.8
>> and 3.1. The picture of Chuck on 3.1 seems like it's less serious of a
>> product than 2.2.8. I get the same impression from Daniel's elephant.
>
> IMHO, anything "cartoonish" will be perceived as less serious then
> something clear and crisp...

You missed my point. Both Chucks are cartoonish - 3.1's version makes
the product look less serious than 2.2.8's. But only the one on the front
cover - the one on the back (reading the paper) is back to the level of
the old (2.2.8) one. That make sense?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com