Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Date: 2020-01-21 03:05:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

På tirsdag 21. januar 2020 kl. 03:57:42, skrev Amit Khandekar <
amitdkhan(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com <mailto:amitdkhan(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>>:
[...]
Sorry for the late reply.
This patch only supports logical decoding from standby. So it's just
an infrastructure for supporting logical replication from standby. We
don't support creating a publication from standby, but the publication
on master is replicated on standby, so we might be able to create
subscription nodes that connect to existing publications on standby,
but basically we haven't tested whether the publication/subscription
model works with a publication on a physical standby. This patch is
focussed on providing a way to continue logical replication *after*
the standby is promoted as master.

Thanks for clarifying.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh