RE: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error

From: "osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Masahiko Sawada' <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Smith, Peter" <peters(at)fast(dot)au(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-11-02 10:42:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Monday, June 28, 2021 1:47 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 11:26 AM Mark Dilger
> <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > > On Jun 20, 2021, at 7:17 PM, Masahiko Sawada
> <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I will submit the patch.
> >
> > Great, thanks!
>
> I've submitted the patches on that thread[1]. There are three patches:
> skipping the transaction on the subscriber side, reporting error details in the
> errcontext, and reporting the error details to the stats collector. Feedback is
> very welcome.
>
> [1]
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD21AoBU4jGEO6AXcykQ9y7tat0R
> rB5--8ZoJgfcj%2BLPs7nFZQ%40mail.gmail.com
Hi, thanks Sawada-san for keep updating the skip xid patch in the thread.

This thread has stopped since the patch submission.
I've rebased the 'disable_on_error' option
so that it can be applied on top of skip xid shared in [1].
I've written Mark Dilger as the original author in the commit message.

This patch is simply rebased to reactive this thread.
So there are still pending item to discuss for example,
how we should deal with multiple errors of several table sync workers.

I extracted only 'disable_on_error' option
because the skip xid and the latest error message fulfill the motivation
to make it easy to write TAP tests already I felt.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD21AoDY-9_x819F_m1_wfCVXXFJrGiSmR2MfC9Nw4nW8Om0qA%40mail.gmail.com

Best Regards,
Takamichi Osumi

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-Optionally-disabling-subscriptions-on-error.patch application/octet-stream 23.5 KB