RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node

From: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Amit Kapila' <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
Date: 2023-08-18 13:32:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Amit,

> I was thinking whether we can go a step ahead and remove this variable
> altogether. In old cluster handling, we can get and check together at
> the same place and for the new cluster, if we have a function that
> returns slot_count by traversing old clusterinfo that should be
> sufficient. If you have other better ideas to eliminate this variable
> that is also fine. I think this will make the patch bit clean w.r.t
> this new variable.

Seems better, removed the variable. Also, the timing of checks were changed
to the end of get_logical_slot_infos(). The check whether we are in live_check
are moved to the function, so the argument was removed again.

The whole of changes can be checked in upcoming e-mail.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED