Re: [INTERFACES] C++ Builder (Delphi), ODBC and large objects

From: Sergio <ser(at)perio(dot)unlp(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] C++ Builder (Delphi), ODBC and large objects
Date: 1998-10-23 05:51:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

>Sergio wrote:

>> well, then the only thing that I can tell is that no one of the three
>> set of components that I tryed (mOdbc, odbc98, OdbcExpress) work well
>> with the pg odbc driver, and yes, I've configured it for odbc cursor
>> library and tryed all kinds of setup.
>>

>I corrected some things in the odbc driver to work better with OdbcExpress.
The
>latest version (.250) of our driver has at least 2 fixes that were prompted
by
>OdbcExpress.
>
>I know that odbcexpress talks to the driver manager, which converts the 3.0
>calls to 2.0 calls.
>
>When you say, OdbcExpress doesn't work well with the driver, what exactly
is the
>problem? Can you be specific, and show log files, etc.

Well, my previous problem ('[Microsoft][ODBC driver manager] Fetch
type out of range') dissappear when I changed the option
hStm -> CursorType from Keyset Driven to Static.
Now when I try to edit a field in a DBGrid and when I post this
message is raised:
'[Microsoft][ODBC cursor library] Syntax error or access violation'
and I can't post it.

But I don't worry any more about Odbc98 nor OdbcExpress, now I'm
comitted to mOdbc because the author is willing to release the
sources.

Btw, using mOdbc this error is raised when I launch the app:
'[Microsoft][ODBC driver manager] The driver doesn't support
the version of ODBC behavior that the application requested
(See SQLSetEnvAttr)', and then say:
'[Microsoft][Odbc curosr library] HSTMT bindings may not be
changed while a cursor is open'
but it open the table and show the result of the query normally.
I'm using it with ODBC cursor library and static cursors.

The Home page of mOdbc is http://www.chat.ru/~ksav
it work in Delphi 3 and BCB 3.

Sergio

PS: I don't see any strange in the log files, but if you want it
anyway, tell me and I'll send it to you.
Btw, this mailing list accept attachs ?