Create table with primary key and notices with DBD::Pg 0.95

From: "Philip Molter" <user(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Create table with primary key and notices with DBD::Pg 0.95
Date: 2001-04-10 21:37:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

This probably isn't a problem with DBD::Pg per se, but it's something that
doesn't appear to be working properly with that, so ...

When you create a table with a primary key, you get the dreaded warning:

NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
'tablename_pkey' for table 'tablename'

Is there ANY way to shut this warning off? I'm working on a large-scale
dynamic database system that periodically creates its own tables, and these
notices are filling up my log files with garbage. Passing 'PrintError' => 0
to the DBI->connect() method shuts off every other warning, but apparently
this one is being printed directly to STDERR, probably from inside a
library, but I can't be sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Philip