Re: jaguar is up

From: ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jaguar is up
Date: 2007-11-28 18:30:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:45:30 -0500
> From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
> To: ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr
> Cc: pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] jaguar is up
>
> ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr writes:
> > Jaguar is a new animal meant to test specific defines as asked by Tom
> > sometime ago.
>
> > Right now, it compiles and runs with -DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS
>
> Cool, how long does it take to run the regression tests?

The whole thing is about 96 Min, did'nt check the exact time of regression
tests but it's long on a dual core AMD centos 5.0 sata disk system
> > Let me know if you want me to add/change flags
>
> Awhile back I got burnt by a gap in that testing methodology:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-12/msg00237.php
>
> I didn't do anything about it at the time, but now I am tempted to
> modify LookupOpclassInfo() so that CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS disables
> its internal cache. Any objections?

Nope!
> regards, tom lane

Tell me if you want me to set up other tests or change configure param.

Best regards
--
Olivier PRENANT Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)