Perl5 connect problem

From: Maarten Boekhold <maartenb(at)dutepp2(dot)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Perl5 connect problem
Date: 1998-06-26 09:30:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I'm moving some perl-scripts from a 6.2 server to a new machine which
runs 6.3.2. Also, on the old server authjentication was non-existant, it
used 'trust', while the new one uses passwords.

In the scripts, I have:

$PG_CONN = PQconnectdb("dbname=rockhouse user=username password=passwd
authtype=password");

I used old-style perl API in these scripts, but with that you cannot
specify passwords, thus this strange mix.

This fails, although I remember having tried it at home, where it worked,
and having username/password/database name correct. Connecting to the
database using psql gives no problems. postmaster runs with -i.

Any clue?

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems |
| Department of Electrical Engineering |
| Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section |
| M(dot)Boekhold(at)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl |