Re: [HACKERS] More on 6.4 on DEC Alpha + Digital Unix 4.0d + DEC C compiler

From: Oleg Broytmann <phd(at)sun(dot)med(dot)ru>
To: "Pedro J(dot) Lobo" <pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] More on 6.4 on DEC Alpha + Digital Unix 4.0d + DEC C compiler
Date: 1998-11-19 09:26:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> > 2) The tests for char, varchar, select_implicit, select_having and
> > rules fail when locale is enabled, and pass when locale is disabled.
> > This is due to character comparisons being case insensitive when
> > locale is enabled. I don't think this is the correct behaviour. I'd
> > appreciate any hint on where to look to investigate this further.
>
> src/backend/utils/adt/varlena.c

"character comparisons being case insensitive"? It is a problem in your
locale, not in the comparison code (I hope). There is no such thing as
"case-insensitive strcoll", and I just used strcoll in varlena.c.
The same problem popped up many times among linux users. Just install
correct locale - and all will run well. There are test programs in
src/test/locale, look carefully. If you can - supply test data for your
locale.

(It looks like my messages to pgsql-*(at)postgresql(dot)org are usually dropped to
floor. If anyone see it - please confirm, send to: phd2(at)earthling(dot)net(dot) I
have no problems receiving mail from these lists, neither sending to many
other lists I am on).

Oleg.
----
Oleg Broytmann http://members.tripod.com/~phd2/ phd2(at)earthling(dot)net