Re: [QUESTIONS] Postgres list in Spanish

From: "Ing(dot) Roberto Andrade" <randrade(at)campus(dot)iztacala(dot)unam(dot)mx>
To: pgsql-ayuda(at)tlali(dot)iztacala(dot)unam(dot)mx
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] Postgres list in Spanish
Date: 1997-11-13 17:03:07
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

Hi Marc:

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Marc Fournier wrote:

> Just a concern to bring up...
>
> If there is a seperate mailing list for Spanish users, that has no tie in

This new list is just to help the new users of pgsql (that means
pgsql-ayuda). The Spanish speaking users of pgsql are growing in Latin
America and Spain so we feel that this list would satisfy the need of
help to know and use pgsql.

> at all with the "main stream" list, and that, I don't believe, any of the
> developers are able to subscribe to (for lack of Spanish speaking capabilities),
> are we going to lose bug reports because those Spanish speaking users don't
> know about the main stream lists? Or is someone going to act as a 'human'
> gateway between to the two lists, so that we don't lose those questions?

I'm sure that many of us that are subscribed to the "official" lists will
report the bugs seen in the "latin" list, anyway we'll encourage the new
users to get into the "official" lists.

Our only objective is to spread the knowledge of pgperl in our own
language, all over the world.

Roberto