Re: The service did not respond to the start..

From: Michael Adler <adler(at)glimpser(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The service did not respond to the start..
Date: 2002-05-09 16:28:25
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Dave -

Thanks for the tip.

Do you explicitly set the SYSTEM user, or does that happen automatically
when you don't specify a user?

With win2k, I don't specify a user and uses SYSTEM, which works well for
me. In winXP, I haven't specified a user and I see it running as
"Everyone". I haven't poked around with this much recently, but I will in
the next week.

Mike Adler

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Dave Page wrote:

> > I've also had trouble getting ipc-daemon to run reliably as a
> > service on XP. I'll be looking into this very closely next
> > week, since we've already sold a product that relies on that
> > working well.
> >
> > Can anyone else chime in on ipc-daemon on XP? I've had about
> > a 40% success history in which it just works.
>
> I've had similar troubles with recent versions but find that 1.09 runs
> well on XP & 2K Pro using the Local System account.
>
> I've used it with 7.1, 7.2 and recent 7.3 dev snapshots with no problems
> at all, even running 7.2 & 7.3 simultaneously. Note that this is on my
> laptop, so the load is next to zero. I've never tried it with any
> production apps.
>
> Regards, Dave.

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Mike