Re: trouble with pg_dumpall

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: Tena Sakai <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trouble with pg_dumpall
Date: 2008-02-28 04:45:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Tena Sakai wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
>> What does your .pgpass look like?
> *:5432:canon:postgres:winkwink

There's the problem. That says, any host, port 5432, canon database, postgres
user, password. But pg_dumpall needs to connect to all the databases
including template1 and postgres DBs. Change the 'canon' to '*' and I bet it
will be fine.

>> What OS user are you running the cron job as?
> User postgres.
>
>> Do you have SELINUX enabled?
> I have no idea what SELINUX is.

cat /etc/selinux/config

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/