Re: Temporal Units

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Temporal Units
Date: 2007-04-30 13:15:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Brent Wood wrote:

> If I'm following this correctly, then interval & extract timepart can be
> used to provide all the required functionality:

Thanks, Brent. Your suggestions complete the approach I was considering.
There is no need for real-time response, to checking after each shift or day
-- or other time period -- will be sufficient.

I wonder if a workweek/holiday calendar table for PostgreSQL already
exists. If not I need to track down the procedure for creating one as Joe
Celko references such a calendar in his books. I think that any schema that
has temporal components needs such a table.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerator(TM)