Thanks ... and an apology

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Thanks ... and an apology
Date: 2006-07-20 13:04:17
Lists: pdxpug

I owe those at the meeting last evening an apology for my confusing
server-side programming with client-side programming and internal stored
procedures with external functions. The few functions I had written in C
were external procedures, and not stored procedures written in one of the
supported procedural languages (PL/<whatever>). I was wrong on that.

On the happy side, my thanks to Selena for organizing the group and
rounding up a half-dozen cats for the first meeting, and to David for the
best presentation at a computer users group meeting I've seen in 20 years.
The topic was very interesting and the presentation itself highly
professional and polished. It's a standard to be met by future presenters
for the benefit of us all.

In the Douglas^2 PostgreSQL book there is an entire chapter on PL/pgSQL,
and an introductory chapter on PostgreSQL programming that is a good review
(or introduction).

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM) | Accelerator