Re: archive_command

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: Kris Kiger <kris(at)musicrebellion(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: archive_command
Date: 2005-09-28 17:15:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Kris Kiger wrote:

> that all relevant wal logs have been archived, save the current one.
> My question then is, how do we tell which wal log is X (the one currently
> being written to)?

I do something like this in my scripting:

ls -rt /pg_xlog/ | grep -v "backup\|archive" | tail -1

(My pg_xlog is on a different disk set from the PGDATA dir.)

It appears to work fine for me. Don't forget to make a base backup before you
begin the WAL archiving, or you won't be able to restore anything.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/