Re: [webmaster] Opening links in new windows is irritating

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Francis Irving <francis(at)flourish(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [webmaster] Opening links in new windows is irritating
Date: 2005-04-25 07:53:24
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005, Francis Irving wrote:

>>> If navigation is done correctly then _BLANK should not be required. The
>>> only time _BLANK should be used IMHO is when the link takes you to a
>>> different site.
>>
>> Right. I have seen that done.
>
> Since nobody seems to object, and quite a few people approve, could
> you make the change, and remove the _BLANK?

I object.

When someone uses our search system (or any search system...), they will
want to display more than one page, so opening the results in new windows
is fine.

However, if there were a tag that will force to open in new tabs, it would
be better -- I love mozilla engines...
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
http://www.tdmsoft.com http://www.gunduz.org