Re: Meeting tomorrow?

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Chris Velevitch <chris(dot)velevitch(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meeting tomorrow?
Date: 2005-08-01 03:44:55
Lists: sydpug

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Chris Velevitch wrote:

> Is there a meeting tomorrow night?
>
> If you're stuck for a topic, I like to suggest a
> walk-through/exploration/explaination of the Postgres catalog. I'm
> suggesting this because I came across a problem creating a new
> database on a server and it turned out to be something to do with the
> templates, so you at least start with them.

I plan on giving the second part of my Slony I talk. I haven't announced
this earlier as JSBH hasn't been able to confirm that we have the room for
Tuesday night. They will confirm at 4pm and I'll then mail the list and
put an entry up on the web site.

As for a walk through of the catalogs, this sounds like a good topic.
Would anyone like to step up and give a tutorial on this -- either this
month or next?

Thanks,

Gavin