Re: Fixing the Turkish problem

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fixing the Turkish problem
Date: 2004-05-28 06:59:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> > However, we still fail to sort small I (i dotless) and i. "i dotless"
> > comes before i in Turkish Alphabet, but ORDER BY sorts i before "i
> > dotless".
>
> For that, you have to complain to your locale's designer. We just do
> what strcoll tells us to.

Ok, complained :-) We've reported a bug before, and now latest snapshot of
Glibc contains the correct order for Turkish characters. initdb and sort
on 7.5devel works perfectly .

I'm glad that Turkish locale problems were solved before 7.5 was out.
Thanks Tom.

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim~gunduz.org devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr