On Mon, 26 May 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Rudy, where are we on the release of DBD:pg withs your patches? Are
> they ready to go?
I spun an ALPHA copy of DBD::Pg. So much has changed in there that I am
sure something is broken for someone; therefore, I think we should let
people hammer on it for a few days before making an official release.
I put the alpha up here:
And for anyone who is interested here is the change log:
- $dbh->prepare() rewrites the SQL statement into an internal for
striping out comments and whitespace, and if PostgreSQL > 7.3 takes
stripped statement and passes that to postgress' PREPARE statement,
then rewrites the statement as 'EXECUTE "DBD::PG::cached_query n"
($1, $2, ... $n, $n+1)' for DBD::Pg's execute. -- Currently
until PREPARE works a little better
- Allows the use of :n and :foo bind params. So: (SELECT * FROM foo
1 = :this and 2 = :that) will now work.
- Complains on execute when unbound bind params are submitted (instead
defaulting to NULL)
- Switched over to use driver.xst.
- pg_error() only removes \n's don't truncate message on first \n
- fixed statement scan problem where the preparse of
"SELECT foo[3:33] from bar" was scanning :33 as a placeholder
- moved the quoting of bind values out of execute() and into
bind -- as there is no need to requote the value every time execute
- :veryverylongplaceholdername == Long walk. Sort pier -- fixed.
- quote() is now in C and uses same code as bind_param.
- quoting and dequoting now use libpq quoting functions where
(I still need to take the libpq functions swiped out of quote.c and
it into libpqswip.c with license info &c., and switch ifndefs to
- bind_param() will convert from 1,0 to TRUE/FALSE when pg_type is
- fixed many heap buffer overruns.
In response to
pgsql-interfaces by date
|Next:||From: Dominic Mitchell||Date: 2003-05-29 09:00:21|
|Subject: Re: DBD::Pg 1.30_1 WAS (Re: Prepare and prepare ?)|
|Previous:||From: Christoph Haller||Date: 2003-05-28 13:45:23|
|Subject: Re: Large Objects|