pg_restore problem

From: Lonni J Friedman <lfriedman(at)vasoftware(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_restore problem
Date: 2003-03-05 21:07:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

Greetings,
I'm running into a wall trying to restore from a dumped database. This
database has a table with large objects, so I knew that I could not use
pg_dumpall, but rather pg_dump. The command that I used to produce the
dump was:

pg_dump -Ft -b -o sfee > /tmp/db.tar

where sfee is the name of the database. Once this completes, I move the
resulting db.tar file over to a different server with the same version of
PostgreSQL on it. I first created the user & database that were identical
to the ones on the original system, and then ran this command:

pg_restore -d sfee /tmp/db.tar

It runs for a while, spitting out its progress, and then dies with the
following error:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: Relation
"artifact_file" does not exist

My guess is that the problem is that artifact_file has not yet been
restored from the dump (its further along), however I don't understand how
to compensate for this problem.

Not sure if it matters, but this is occuring on a Redhat Linux system
running PostgreSQL-7.2.x. Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

thanks!