Catalog Commands

From: Chuck Wolber <chuckw(at)quantumlinux(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Catalog Commands
Date: 2001-09-04 03:42:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am having trouble with the catalog commands. More precisely, I cannot
seem to find a detailed list of them. I was able to list the databases in
a cluster with:

select * from pg_database

I just noticed that the "DESC" directive does not work. How does one list
the makeup of a table? What command would one use to list the tables that
exist within a database?

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Linux Technology
* Education |