Re: PosgreSQL hogging resources?

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: Jeremy Smith <jer(at)highboard(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PosgreSQL hogging resources?
Date: 2004-02-20 20:56:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Are you getting problems with crashing backends in postgresql and such
showing up? I'm wondering if you have bad memory or something like that.

In my experience, Linux/apache/php/postgresql never crashes, it just goes
unresponsive when you get into severe overload.

Is your database vacuum / analyzed often?

Do you have indexes that are being used?