Help pg_restore

From: Trevor Astrope <astrope(at)e-corp(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help pg_restore
Date: 2002-02-25 16:20:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm trying to restore a database dumped with pg_dump with the -o -Fc
options with pg_restore from a 7.1.3 database into a 7.1.3 database on
another machine.

When using the -d option in pg_restore, I get this error:

Connecting to database for restore
Creating <Init> Max OID
Archiver(db): Could not execute query. No result from backend.

If I don't use -d and pipe the output of pg_restore into psql, I can
restore the database, but it takes about 20 hours to restore a .2.8gb dump
when uncompressed.

So my question is: what is the syntax to restore this dump?

Regards,

Trevor Astrope
astrope(at)e-corp(dot)net