Re: Translation of the documentation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Translation of the documentation
Date: 2002-01-09 18:12:30
Lists: pgsql-docs

Roberto Mello writes:

> 1) Can we contribute these docs to the PostgreSQL project?

In general, yes. However, until there is an evident and sustained effort
to keep these up to date, I'm not sure if we should keep them in the main
source tree.

> 2) What flags do we need to add to the docbook sources? (so that
> "make pt-BR" could be done, for example)

As far as DocBook sources, you put a lang="pt_br" attribute in the
top-level element. As far as Makefiles, there are a couple of
possibilities, depending on what becomes of 1).

> 3) Under what license(s) should/must the translation be put?

The current license?

Btw., are you sure what you are getting into? A complete translation of
the PG documentation is going to take an insane amount of time. You might
also be interested in doing some translation work on program messages.
See <http://www.postgresql.org/~petere/nls.php>.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net