Re: tkConfig.sh vs. ./configure

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tkConfig.sh vs. ./configure
Date: 2001-12-20 17:13:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Karel Zak writes:

> [--cut--]
> checking for tclsh... /usr/bin/tclsh
> checking for tclConfig.sh... /usr/lib/tcl8.3/tclConfig.sh
> checking for tkConfig.sh... no
> configure: error: file `tkConfig.sh' is required for Tk
>
> ..hmm, I try:
>
> $ ls -la /usr/lib/tk8.3/tkConfig.sh
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3194 Oct 27 10:00
> /usr/lib/tk8.3/tkConfig.sh

The tclConfig.sh file is found by looking into the path returned by `echo
'puts $auto_path' | tclsh`.

Then theoretically, the tkConfig.sh file should be found by looking into
the path returned by `echo 'puts $auto_path' | wish`, which would indeed
give the right answer, but when I execute that, wish also opens a window
on my desktop and hangs, which is not exactly what you'd want during a
configure run.

If you have a plan to work around that and the case where X is not running
during configuration, then I'm all ears.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net