Re: Fw: Postgres on WinNT4 / SP5

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: kevin mclaughlin <kevinmcl(at)cwjamaica(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fw: Postgres on WinNT4 / SP5
Date: 2001-04-12 18:06:34
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-ports

kevin mclaughlin writes:

> I got it running and everything, but I am unable to connect to the
> database from other PCs using ODBC (Yes, I modified pg_hba.conf with a
> line like this :
>
> host all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 trust

Can you connect using other interfaces, such as psql? Is there anything
about failed connection attempts in the server log?

> I first ran ./configure --with-odbc --with-perl, but when I ran make, only a subset of the executables were produced.

What do you define as the full set and what is the subset you got?

> Can anyone say whether I should be able to use odbc even if the
> --with-odbc directive is not specified with the configure script?

--with-odbc compiles the odbc driver. You can use a different odbc
driver, but from what I can tell it seems unlikely that you have one.
Note that you probably can't just connect through odbc without doing some
configuring of the odbc driver (manager) (the details of which are beyond
my knowlegde).