Re: testing last sanpshot in QNX platform

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Maurizio <maurizio(dot)c(at)libero(dot)it>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: testing last sanpshot in QNX platform
Date: 2001-03-30 15:38:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Maurizio writes:

> configure:6840: checking test program
> configure:6849: gcc -o conftest.map conftest.c -lz -lunix -lresolv -lPW -lgen -lBSD -lcompat -lld -ldld -llc -lIPC -lipc -lnsl -lsocket -ldl -lm -lbsd -lsfio -lunix 1>&5
> cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'resolv'
> cc warning: cc: cannot find library 'PW'
[etc]

This means that earlier in configure it was determined that these
libraries existed (see "checking for main in -lxxx") but now it doesn't
work anymore. Not sure why this could happen, given that people have used
QNX previously. (At least they got past this point.)

What's curious here is that it wants to name the output program
"conftest.map", which looks like it detected ".map" as the executable
extension (ordinarily only used for ".exe" on Windows). What's also
curious is that the error message doesn't look like anything "gcc" would
produce. I think this might be a case of a messed up compiler
installation and/or a case of a user cheating with configure to cover up
for that fact. ;-) Some more information about your compiler setup and a
peek into config.log near the compiler detection tests could shed some
light onto the problem.