Section numbering

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Section numbering
Date: 2001-02-19 18:03:53
Lists: pgsql-docs

Does anyone mind if I turn on section numbering? I.e., instead of

9. Multi-Version Concurrency Control
Introduction
Transaction Isolation
Read Committed Isolation Level
Serializable Isolation Level
Data consistency checks at the application level
Locking and Tables
Table-level locks
Row-level locks
Locking and Indices

We'd have

9. Multi-Version Concurrency Control
9.1 Introduction
9.2 Transaction Isolation
9.3 Read Committed Isolation Level
9.4 Serializable Isolation Level
9.5 Data consistency checks at the application level
9.6 Locking and Tables
9.6.1 Table-level locks
9.6.2 Row-level locks
9.7 Locking and Indices

This makes for easier reference, and the cross-reference links look a lot
less tacky (no longer "see the section called "Locking and Indices").